Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...And we all felt a deep warmth


I had most of the day off from work today. Seeing as the rain has squashed my plans of bathing in the sun with a PBR, I'm now bathing in the glow of the computer screen with a PBR. Not really though. PBR is more of a night time drink ya chuckleheads.

What do we have here you ask? Oh! It's the new blog for Geronimo! I get questions sometimes from friends asking if we are up to anything COOL and sometimes we are. This is one of those times. Now you don't have to ask me anymore and make me feel awkward for wanting to talk for like an hour about our band and you can just ch-ch-check this mega-sweet blog from time to time. No one really looks at myspace these days. It's kind of a drag going over there.

We just got done recording this past holiday weekend. We holed up in Ben's parents home in Rockford for 3 days and recorded 7 full band tracks with the help of our mentor and sexy confidant, Josh Miller. He took that picture of us recording. He also brought his dog, B.A. who chased us in the backyard and bit us and stuff. He was SORELY missed on Saturday and Sunday. We love B.A.

Special thanks to our friends in Kid You'll Move Mountains who let us steal some of their gear and Matt Gunshy and E-Van Estwing who let us borrow their nice things. Not to mention the one and only Nick Papaleo who let us borrow some SERIOUSLY nice crap. I wasn't familiar with the Neuman microphone before this recording, but it made my guitar tone sound like a Tyrannosaurus stomping through the jungle. I wanted to take the mic to bed with me but Ben talked me out of that.

So we aren't playing much this summer and are busying ourselves writing, writing and recording for our upcoming full-length album. Not sure when that will be available but we are losing sleep with ideas running around in our heads. Hopefully sometime in mid-fall to winter. BLAWG!

KJ


No comments:

Post a Comment